Warrigal won the 2018 National Award for Aged Care Provider of the Year.
On this journey, they also won the 2018 Aged Care Provider of the Year for NSW and ACT. One of their team (David McDonald) won the 2018 ACSA Aged Care Employee of the Year Award for NSW and ACT.
Do you want to know how Warrigal became the provider of the year?
What is it that they are doing differently?
Shiva Gopalan is Warrigal’s Manager of Wellness & Lifestyle. He joins us to discuss this (and more).
In this interview we cover:
– What criteria were they assessed against?
– How their focus on signature behaviours drives performance
– How their vision and mission guides decision making
– The top things they focus on in workforce, communication
– How a staff reorganisation improved staff retention and provided better resident outcomes, and
– Some of the specific innovation projects they’ve been working on
You don’t work in aged care?
It doesn’t matter. You will still get a lot out of this interview because you can apply some of their management practices in any industry!
If you don’t see your favourite podcast player check here
The Aged Care Executive Podcast is proudly brought to you by W&L Mobile Healthcare Services. W&L provides a one-stop-shop for aged and community care across Australia. Our 250+ staff offer Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Occupational Therapy, Dentistry, Speech Pathology, Dietetics, ACFI Consulting plus an Online Learning Platform.